PRIMARY ELECTION DAY August 4th
Last day to register so you can vote in the Primary Election is July 14th.
- Here is the link to online voter registration https://www.kdor.ks.gov/Apps/VoterReg/Default.aspx
- Here is the link to a printable voter registration form with instructions and county election office addresses https://www.sos.ks.gov/forms/elections/voterregistration.pdf
- If you have changed your name, address, or party affiliation you must complete a new voter registration form. If you are unsure if you updated your voter registration, you can check it out here by entering your name and birthdate. https://myvoteinfo.voteks.org/voterview This will also give you a drop down list of your districts for all elected positions which vary each year based on whose terms are expiring. There is also a drop down list of your voting history.
We must get people registered to vote, then we will help make sure they are educated about the candidates, and then they need to vote.
ADVANCE VOTING AND PERMANENT ADVANCE VOTING APPLICATIONS:
- To apply online for an Advance Voting (so ballot will be mailed to your home) for the Primary Election and the General Election go to this link https://www.ksvotes.org/ This will mean your ballot will be mailed to you for both or either the August 4, 2020 Primary and November 3, 2020 General elections, depending which ones you check when applying. When applying for the Advance Voting ballot you will have to provide a driver’s license or State Identification card number. The following link is the Advance Voting application that you can complete and print out then sign to mail to the Kansas Secretary of State office at 120 SW 10th Ave, Topeka, KS 66612. http://www.kssos.org/forms/elections/AV1.pdf The deadline for voters to apply for the Advance Voting for the Primary Election is July 28th.
- If you have a permanent physical disability or illness or have been diagnosed as having a permanent illness, you can apply for Permanent Advance Voting Status by applying online at https://www.ksvotes.org/ and choose Permanent Advance Voting in the application. This status means that you will get a ballot mailed to you for every future election that you would complete and return by mail. This application does not require you to provide a driver’s license or State Identification number. Just like above here is a link to a Permanent Advance Voting application that you are able to print off and mail to the KS Secretary of State at the address above. http://www.sos.ks.gov/forms/Elections/AV2.pdf