KanCare Call from November 7,2012
Embed Embed this video on your site
To Matter, Your Right to Vote Requires Access and Voting Questionnaire
To Matter, Your Right to Vote Requires Access By Clyde Terry, National Council on Disability Published on the Disability Blog at Disability.gov http://usodep.blogs.govdelivery.com/2012/11/05/to-matter-your-right-to-vote-requires-access/
For voters with disabilities in the United States, just over a quarter of polling places are accessible (as of the last election). This isn’t because polling officials are deliberately blocking people with disabilities from voting, but one can easily imagine how the effect is essentially the same. Currently, a voter with a disability faces a nearly 75 percent chance that he or she will NOT be able to use his or her assigned polling precinct to vote.
Know Your Rights When You Vote November 6th
People with disabilities have the right to vote!
Voting Accessibility Questionnaire
Dear Colleagues, The election’s around the corner! The National Council on Disability (NCD), in collaboration with the National Disability Rights Network (NDRN) and EIN SOF Communications, Inc., wants to hear about people with disabilities voting experiences during the upcoming 2012 General Election. Through a brief, open-ended questionnaire, NCD and our partners will collect information about voter’s experiences, including any physical, attitudinal, or other barriers they may have faced when attempting to exercise your constitutional right to vote.
New Information Resource Available for Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities
New Information Resource Now Available
She was the first person hired to work for the SKIL Resource Center back in 1993, and since the day she came aboard Pam Spohn has put her imprint on the organization.
- Get Out to Vote
- KanCare Fact Sheet and Time Line
- NCD Wants to Hear About Your Voting Experiences!
- Breast Cancer Awareness
- Jim Kleinsorge
- Protecting the Right to Vote
- Help Make NCIL an Even Greater Non-Profit
- Stakeholder Meetings in six communities
- Children's Health Month
- Call for Award Nominations
- Social Security Announces 1.7% Benefit Increase for 2013
- New Internet Closed Captioning Requirements Now in Effect
- Disability Updates
- Medicare Open Enrollment
- Call for Applications
- CILs Receive an Increase in Federal Funding
- Information Alert: NCIL Response to OIG/RSA Report
- World Arthiritis Day
- Governor's Proclamation - Kansas Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Steve Lardy and Jim Zaleski Win Fishing Show Award
- Everybody Plays
- Unemployment Rate Dropped to 7.8 Percent in September
- KanCare Changes
- suitcase portable ramp
- Southwest Kansas Area Agency on Aging to Coordinate Aging and Disability Resource Centers
- SILCK Funded and Moving Forward
- CAP Releases New Mobile App
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Rocking the Cradle Report
- Frank Sesno - Moderator of the National Forum on Disability Issues
- Take Action Now!
- NEW Voting Laws in Kansas
- Sue Hetrick - Co-Coordinator for National Forum on Disability Issues
- HHS Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs News Bulletin
- Website for Young adults with Disabilities
- Disability Announcements
- Pittsburg SKIL Customer Appreciation Picnic 2012
- Candidates Speak at Pittsburg SKIL Picnic
- CRO Kick-off Event
- NCIL Launches New Website!
- Frank Sesno to Moderate National Forum on Disability Issues
- National Youth Leadership Network
- Community Play Space
- Website for College Students with Disabilities
- Support Olmstead
- Subject: Sign the Petition urging DOL not to eliminate the companionship exemption!
- ATK Conference & AT Expo 2012
- Nominations Being Accepted for 2012 Judi Chamberlin Joy in Advocacy Award
- Social Enterprise Seminar
- SILCK Executive Director Resigns