Pilot Project for Persons with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities
Topeka, Ks – Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services Secretary Shawn Sullivan on Friday unveiled a pilot project to provide persons served on the Home and Community Based Services Intellectually/Developmentally Disabled (I/DD) program with full participation in the KanCare system. The project is scheduled to begin March 1, and will last for 10 months.
Christopher Reeve Foundation Announces 2013 Quality of Life Grants
The Christopher Reeve Foundation is accepting applications from nonprofit organizations for programs that improve the daily lives of people with paralysis, with an emphasis on, but not limited to, paralysis caused by spinal cord injuries.
KCTEA Helps All Students
Topeka, Ks - The Kansas Commission on Disability Concerns is providing information that is important for the education of all students. The Kansas Career Technical Education Act pays the tuition costs for high school students who participate in college technical courses/program at Kansas community or technical colleges or institutes of technology.
Action Alert: Day of Mourning: March 1, 2013
On March 30th, 2012, the National Council on Independent Living, the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network, and Not Dead Yet held a Day of Mourning for people with disabilities killed by their relatives and caregivers.
The Day of Mourning began as a response to the murder of George Hodgins, a 22-year-old autistic man from California, and to the way people were talking about his death. Last year, vigils were held in 18 cities to remember those we have lost, and to remind the world that their lives had value.
The "Cool Collectibles" Show Returns to Parsons
This week Resource Central meets up with Dave Sorrick of SKIL. The Parsons Police Officers Association, SKIL, In God We Trust LLC and KSEK/KLKC Radio is proud to present the 3rd Annual "Cool Collectibles" Show on Saturday, February 9th in the Parsons Municipal Building.
Dave talks about all the exciting tables full of collectibles. Including sports cards and memorabilia, gold and silver coins, gems and jewels, and much more! This "Cool Collectibles" Show is free to the public and opens at 9am. The show will help benefit the youth of the Parsons area. Download transcript.
Hear it on the radio Friday mornings. 93.5 FM 99.1 FM 1340 AM 1540 AM
Download Embed Embed this video on your site
Pittsburg SKIL Office prepares for move
PARSONS, Kan. -- During the month of February, the SKIL Pittsburg Office will be preparing to move to its new location it was announced Friday (Feb. 1).
The Pittsburg SKIL Office will be moving from its current location at 105 W. 3rd Street to Meadowbrook Mall, 202 Centennial Drive. SKIL Pittsburg will be housed inside KSEK Radio's offices, which are located behind The Love Bubble.
- HHS Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs News Bulletin: Friday, February 1st, 2013
- Information on Social Security Accounts
- The Disability Community and Medicaid Expansion: What' At Stake. Information Bulletin #369 (1/2013).
- KanCare educational meetings for members scheduled in 16 cities
- Reflecting on the Connections between UsReflecting on the Connections between UsCategories: Community Life
- SKIL expands its Fiscal Management Services to Cherokee County
- SKIL's Knight featured in television news package
- EXPANDED ELIGIBILTY FOR 2013 THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS SCHOLARSHIPS
- Weekly Advocacy Monitor: Volume 11, Issue 4; January 23, 2013
- ACTION ALERT – Seclusion and Restraint in Schools
- Whole Person Headquarters
- Scholarship Opportunities for Children Who’s Parents are Disabled
- Home for the Holidays 2012
- The Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP)
- KanCare Workgroup Membership - February 15, 2013 deadline to nominate members
- AbleGamers Announces Accessible Mainstream Game of the YearAbleGamers Announces Accessible Mainstream Game of the Year
- ODEP Launches Media Campaign Encouraging Youth with Disabilities to Pursue Career Goals
- FISHING HAS NO BOUNDARIES: JUNE 2013
- Thinking outside the Box
- SKIL, Parsons Police Officers to present Cool Collectables Show in February
- FPI Reception
- Benefits.gov's New YouTube Channel
- Adult Abuse Awareness & Prevention
- New KanCare ombudsman appointed
- HUD, Houston Housing Authority settle discrimination complaint involving deaf resident
- KanCare Ready for January 1 Start
- Alert on Incorrect Phone Number in Packets to Clients
- The SKIL Annual Christmas Dinner with Greg Jones
- U.S. Senate Fails to Pass Disability Treaty
- SKIL to Close Yates Center Office
- Family Peace Initiative Program to Continue Operation
- November 2012 SKIL Newsletter
- Susan Schulze has been a large part of SKIL’s growth
- From USICD: Thank you!!! CRPD is on the move!
- Create a W2 Account to download electronic W2
- Ms. Wheelchair Kansas seeking contestants, nominations for contestants
- State readies KanCare information website; schedules listening session & webinar
- National Family Caregivers Month: Because Caregivers Matter
- Medicaid enrollees to have KanCare packets by month's end
- Vets 101
- Colyer, Disability Mentoring Day Committee earn state award
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt our 32nd President
- Weekly Advocacy Monitor
- Using a paint brush or a camera, Skip Smith is an advocate for SKIL
- My Home for the Holidays
- Help NCD Kick Off Our Online "Family Faces of Disability" Photo Album
- Notice of Stakeholder Meetings
- KanCare Calls
- To Matter, Your Right to Vote Requires Access and Voting Questionnaire
- Know Your Rights When You Vote November 6th