NEW Voting Laws in Kansas
Understand the NEW Voting Laws in Kansas
Questions? Contact the Disability Rights Center of Kansas
785-273-9661 OR 877-776-1541
Must show Photo ID if vote at the polls.
But, if apply for Permanent Advance Ballot, you do not have to show ID (must have permanent disability or illness).
To Vote You MUST Be REGISTERED! Voter Registration Deadline is Oct. 16, 2012.
Get Registered to Vote NOW so you don’t have to hassle with Proof of Citizenship Requirements after Jan. 1, 2013.
Sue Hetrick - Co-Coordinator for National Forum on Disability Issues
This week’s Resource Central, presented by skilmedia.com, is a 2-part series. In our first part we will hear from Sue Hetrick, co-coordinator for the National Forum on Disability Issues, to be held Friday, September 28th. In our second part of the series we will hear from the moderator of the forum, Frank Sesno. He is a former CNN White House correspondent, anchor and Washington bureau chief.
In today’s first segment Sue Hetrick talks about she became involved with the independent living movement and her experience with individuals with disabilities. On Friday she is helping coordinate the National Forum on Disability Issues to be held in Ohio. Both presidential candidates will have representatives speaking on their behalfs. For more information on the forum visit www.nfdi.org
Hear it on the radio Friday mornings. 93.5 FM 99.1 FM 1340 AM 1540 AM
Download Embed Embed this video on your site
HHS Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs News Bulletin
HHS Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs News Bulletin: Friday, September 21st, 2012
Website for Young adults with Disabilities
KDHE, KUMC Launch New Website for Young Adults with Disabilities
Did You Miss These Recent Disability Announcements?
Pittsburg SKIL Customer Appreciation Picnic 2012
Pittsburg, KS - A great evening of music, food and fun. The Pittsburg SKIL Customer Appreciation Picnic was held on Wednesday, September 12th in Lincoln Park.
Free food was provided and many prize drawings were held. Also area candidates running for the upcoming election gave speeches.
To view an album of pictures by Skip Smith from the event CLICK HERE.
- Candidates Speak at Pittsburg SKIL Picnic
- CRO Kick-off Event
- NCIL Launches New Website!
- Frank Sesno to Moderate National Forum on Disability Issues
- National Youth Leadership Network
- Community Play Space
- Website for College Students with Disabilities
- Support Olmstead
- Subject: Sign the Petition urging DOL not to eliminate the companionship exemption!
- ATK Conference & AT Expo 2012
- Nominations Being Accepted for 2012 Judi Chamberlin Joy in Advocacy Award
- Social Enterprise Seminar
- SILCK Executive Director Resigns
- Urge the White House to tell us what they are doing to protect our freedom!
- Subject: ADA's Olmstead "Most Integrated Setting" Mandate Will Be Undercut.
- Computers for Visually Impaired
- Ticket to Work
- Desktop Video Magnifier
- Stephen Busby Tells His Story
- Linda Diedeker And Her Decade With SKIL
- Over 50 Organizations Unite for Historic Presidential Forum on Disability Issues
- KanCare Informational Meetings in Pittsburg
- KanCare Informational Meetings
- Phishing Scam
- 45% of Deaf or Hard of Hearing individuals experienced discrimination
- July 2012 SKIL Newsletter
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- USA Paralympics
- 2012 Disability History Week Poster Contest Guidelines:
- Voter ID
- Casey Kasem Coming to KLKC on Weekends
- Live from the ADA Celebration 2012!
- Rick Macias Talks KLKC and SKIL Survey Calls
- National Survey on Abuse of People with Disabilities Ending July 31st
- Presidential Proclamation -- Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, 2012
- Health survey from Labette County Health Department.
- ADA 2012 Celebration
- Veteran Farmers Project
- JUSTICE DEPARTMENT SIGNS AGREEMENT WITH KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI,
- Subject: IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding Medicaid changes!!!
- Brownback to review Kansas financial standing
- Sign Language Classes
- White House Observes ADA Anniversary
- Video Eye with LCD Monitor for sale
- Multiple Items for Sale
- Lift Chair for Sale
- Lift Chair
- New Service maps from KCDC
- The Challenge