World Arthiritis Day
Hello AgrAbility Colleagues! I would like to wish you all a happy “World Arthritis Day!”
Governor's Proclamation - Kansas Disability Employment Awareness Month
TO THE PEOPLE OF KANSAS, GREETINGS:
Steve Lardy and Jim Zaleski Win Fishing Show Award
This week Resource Central heads to KLKC Radio studios in Parsons, KS, which is owned by SKIL. Steve Lardy, KLKC Radio host, talks about the recent award he and Jim Zaleski, Director of Tourism for Labette County, received for their fishing show that airs on KLKC AM in the summer.
Steve talks about how the fishing show became popular and received emails and calls about different topics. He said that Jim Zaleski had been keeping tapes of the shows and actually submitted one for an award and won "Best of Show" for all media at the annual conference of the Association of Great Lakes Outdoor Writers (AGLOW). One topic that helped win the award was the topic of Kansas Legislation creating a fee for older anglers, when there hadn't been a fee in the past.
Hear it on the radio Friday mornings. 93.5 FM 99.1 FM 1340 AM 1540 AM
Download Embed Embed this video on your site
Lou Ann… Congratulations! After years of work, Everybody Plays is a reality. How fitting that it was an endurance running event that put the project over the top and led to the groundbreaking. You have run a marathon of another type.
Unemployment Rate Dropped to 7.8 Percent in September
Bureau of Labor Statistics Releases September Employment Numbers
As you all aware of by now the Medicaid system in Kansas is changing. The changes will not immediately impact or change your services or the way in which you receive your supports. The change to Kancare will create some initial confusion and chaos but as always SKIL Resource Center will be available to assist you in a way that meets your needs.
- suitcase portable ramp
- Southwest Kansas Area Agency on Aging to Coordinate Aging and Disability Resource Centers
- SILCK Funded and Moving Forward
- CAP Releases New Mobile App
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Rocking the Cradle Report
- Frank Sesno - Moderator of the National Forum on Disability Issues
- Take Action Now!
- NEW Voting Laws in Kansas
- Sue Hetrick - Co-Coordinator for National Forum on Disability Issues
- HHS Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs News Bulletin
- Website for Young adults with Disabilities
- Disability Announcements
- Pittsburg SKIL Customer Appreciation Picnic 2012
- Candidates Speak at Pittsburg SKIL Picnic
- CRO Kick-off Event
- NCIL Launches New Website!
- Frank Sesno to Moderate National Forum on Disability Issues
- National Youth Leadership Network
- Community Play Space
- Website for College Students with Disabilities
- Support Olmstead
- Subject: Sign the Petition urging DOL not to eliminate the companionship exemption!
- ATK Conference & AT Expo 2012
- Nominations Being Accepted for 2012 Judi Chamberlin Joy in Advocacy Award
- Social Enterprise Seminar
- SILCK Executive Director Resigns
- Urge the White House to tell us what they are doing to protect our freedom!
- Subject: ADA's Olmstead "Most Integrated Setting" Mandate Will Be Undercut.
- Computers for Visually Impaired
- Ticket to Work
- Desktop Video Magnifier
- Stephen Busby Tells His Story
- Linda Diedeker And Her Decade With SKIL
- Over 50 Organizations Unite for Historic Presidential Forum on Disability Issues
- KanCare Informational Meetings in Pittsburg
- KanCare Informational Meetings
- Phishing Scam
- 45% of Deaf or Hard of Hearing individuals experienced discrimination
- July 2012 SKIL Newsletter
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- USA Paralympics
- 2012 Disability History Week Poster Contest Guidelines:
- Voter ID
- Casey Kasem Coming to KLKC on Weekends
- Live from the ADA Celebration 2012!
- Rick Macias Talks KLKC and SKIL Survey Calls
- National Survey on Abuse of People with Disabilities Ending July 31st
- Presidential Proclamation -- Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, 2012