Independent U.S. Senate candidate Greg Orman, Olathe, at a Statehouse press conference Friday afternoon (Oct. 24) proposed a multi-faceted program for assistance to veterans.
The Orman plan includes proposals for increased support for veterans and their families, bridge loans to veterans who now can spend more than 125 days waiting for Veterans Administration approval for disability payments, steps to reduce homelessness of veterans and assistance for veterans to start businesses.
He said he has assembled a veterans advisory council to craft proposals that will allow veterans to more easily reintegrate with society on a number of levels.
We all need to Urge Congress to Delay the FSLA Companionship Changes!
- Disability Update from The White House: Celebrating National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- There's no need to be awkward
- October 5-11 is Mental Illness Awareness Week: Let's talk about mental health!
- President Obama issues proclamation for National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Mobility Rodeo slated for this Saturday in Wichita
- Ruling on in-home Medicaid services creates questions for providers, beneficiaries
- Concerned about the policies for Waiver programs? Send a letter to CMS
- New IRS publication helps you find out if you qualify for a Health Coverage Exemption